An application for Tech Integrator positions will be available here in the spring.
Each site will look for 2 tech integrators for each school year to add to our educational technology team. In order for your application to be considered, you must use technology regularly as a part of your instruction.
Please Note: this is a three-year commitment. You would serve one year as a Tech Integrator and two years as a Tech Mentor.
A Tech Integrator will receive one release period and will have the following responsibilities:
- Research the use of apps/technology for use in the classroom
- Develop new ways to incorporate apps/technology into your instruction
- Test new apps/technology lessons with your classes
- Expand your knowledge and use of EDU 2.0 in preparation for Common Core
- Meet weekly with Digital Literacy Coaches
- Once a month, during PLC time, share a best practice that implements Common Core strategies using technology. Presentation should be a minimum of 10 to 15 minutes
- Post monthly on the District Tech Blog describing a best practice using technology. Email your staff the text of your blog post with a link to the blog.
Following your year as a Tech Integrator, you will serve as a Tech Mentor for two years, receiving a stipend for your time. You will work with two Mentees each year.