Do You Class Dojo?
I love Class Dojo! Here’s why and how to use it:
What is it? Class Dojo is an app and website which empowers educators to encourage positive classroom engagement by efficiently tracking specific student behaviors (both positive and negative).
How does it impact teaching and learning?
Class Dojo helps teachers create a positive classroom environment by focusing on positive behavior. Since it allows for non-verbal redirection, it deescalates negative behavior. In this way, students are motivated to exhibit productive classroom behavior. Data from Class Dojo provides an accurate record of behavioral incidences, which is useful in IEP or parent meetings.
How do I apply it?
- TELL students and TEACH them about Class Dojo before using it in class using this introduction video:
2. Create a “Participation” or Professionalism” category in your gradebook (5-10% of total grade).
3. Require students to look at their accounts occasionally and have them reflect on their status.
How does it work?
- Create a FREE account: Sign Up Here
- Watch the tutorial video:
- Use a computer or tablet to track (by simply clicking or tapping) which students are exhibiting certain behaviors throughout class (use Android 4.0 & above/Apple 7.0 & above
- Choose customized positive and negative behaviors you want to track.
Here are some suggested behaviors: