I can’t remember my password… Password Box to the rescue!
Type of technology: Password Database
SAMR Model Rating: Augmentation
Grade level: 6-12
Subject area: All
I don’t know about you, but I feel that just about every day I am creating an account for some type of application, email or program. Well this is the same way for my students. They have multiple accounts to many different learning programs. I was constantly being asked, “Mr. Ogle what’s my password for this…” or “I forgot my password again, can you tell me what it is…”
Some programs let you choose your password, some are given to you. Some passwords require special characters or some capital letters. Regardless, my students just couldn’t keep track of them, and I was spending too much time getting my students logged into their programs.
While most computers have a “save your password” application to help us teachers, open use computers for the students don’t!
The program is Simple, Easy to Use, and always important to us teachers, IT’s FREE!
Just a simple download, and setup, and you’re back in the game. Your students only have to remember one username and one password and their good to go.
- Complete the initial set up with your students school email, and create the one password that you want to use to sign into PASSWORD BOX.
Password box has Applications that you can quickly add in the beginning.
- Password Box helps you every step of the way if you need to enter websites/applications in manually.
- Enter in your websites and/or application passwords manually as needed.
- Icon appears in the top of all your internet browser. Download the application on all your devices, sign-in with your one password and your set for all application/programs you have entered into Password Box.
- Your password box icon opens to this screen, listing all your added applications/internet sites/programs.
PasswordBox has really helped save time and energy for my students, as well as myself. All programs that they use, both personal and educational, have passwords. My students have been able to keep all their passwords secure and available, while only having to use/remember one password for everything.
Being that the students are able to accurately and promptly sign into their educational applications on any shared device using Password Box has truly helped me spend more educational time with my more emerging students.
This application can be used with many different grade levels. It has been a great second half of the year addition to our 6th grade classroom, and I look forward to hearing how it will help students log in more efficiently as they move into Jr. High and High School; when they are required to much more access to various programs.
Quote from 6th grade teacher: “I feared when I had to introduce students to new applications with a password because I knew they would forget it by the next time we had to log in. This Password Box is a blessing.”
Quote from our Technology Coordinator: “Password Box really provides the students with a quick, easy and secure log in method. It saves me time too!”