Student Treasure Book Publishing
Type of technology: Web Based
SAMR Model Rating: Augmentation
Grade level: K-6
Subject area: ELA, Science, Math, Social Studies (All)
Struggle to get your students engaged in writing? The answer is here! Student Treasure Publishing Company.
And it’s Absolutely Free!
An added bonus is that your students will have a keepsake for many years to come…
parents will treasure this student project as well.
Books are hardbound and is the students actual work. Illustration pages, writing and book cover are all completed by each individual student.
Enhance Student Writing Skills. Elevate Their Self-Esteem.
Student Treasures’ elementary school-wide program is a wonderful way to improve the reading and writing skills of all your students. It’s flexible across all subjects and meets Common Core Standards.
Not sure what to do… No worries… Student Treasure has a Website with many ideas for teachers who are new to the program.
One of the best things about this project is that you are able to choose the curricular subject your would like to focus on. I have personally done Personal Narrative (ELA), Astronomy (Science/ELA), Natural Resources (Science/ELA), and the Periodic Table (Science/ELA). However, there are so many ways to incorporate this project into any subject taught.
Above are a few books that previous students have completed.
Visit the Teacher’s Lounge at http://www.studentreasures.com/teacherslounge
In the teachers lounge you can find all sorts of helpful hints to make the process go as smooth as possible. If you are new to the program, you can watch videos of successful processes to include in your instruction. You can find helpful pre-writing activities to use to get your students on the right path, or simply find ideas for your students’ book project.
Now you may be wondering, how do I incorporate Technology into this project. Well its as easy as one, two, SCRIPSI.
Scripsi will transform and energize your classroom while checking off your Technology and Common Core Standards!
- Intuitive! Simple, straight forward design.
- Convenient! Students and teachers can use Scripsi from any computer or tablet at home or school.
- Easy! Edit with ease with our handy spell check and editing tools.
- Fun! Excite your students to write with our online publishing tool.
Enhance your classroom lessons with an easy online book project:
- Simple design allows students and teachers can easily work to complete their book.
- The only online program created just for schools to help teachers guide their students through the writing process.
- Exclusive design allows teachers to create and send revision notes and messages with feedback on each student’s pages.
- Safe and secure, log-in and password protected to preserve the work of each student.
- We have so many font options and now offer CharActer level formatting so your students can really get creative!
- Illustrate with ease from our library of clip art, enhanced drawing tools for doodles or choose to upload photos or scanned artwork.
When you are finished, there is no mailing back of student work, no organizing student pages, everything is already completed. All you have to do is click submit before your publishing date and your done. Books arrive within 3-4 weeks after publishing date.
My students learned a great deal from this project. They were able to use Google Docs to type out their personal narratives, use editing tools, and submit to the teacher when complete for final review before publishing. With the Web based program, students were able to collaborate, design and create a specific page for the book. The online program was tricky for them at first, yet all students persevered through the project. I suggest that you work with small groups when working on the web based program initially. I did whole class instruction which was a nightmare. I ended up having to go back and individually instruct multiple students on features. While parents of my students this year have not seen the books yet, parents in the past have always raved at how special this keepsake was for them and the family. Students and parents alike agree that this was a great project. I recommend you try it!