Tellagami: Animated Figures Talking for you, Why Not?
Type of Technology: Android, iPad, iPhone, and iPad touch
SAMR Model Rating: Augmentation
Grade Level: K-12
Subject Area: All
Cost: Free (There is one you can pay for, but why?)
Are you wondering what is a super easy way to start integrating technology into your classroom? Do you want to wow your administrators and teaching partners with an exciting new way to engage your students, for free? Tellagami is a mobile app that is very intuitive and will help you do just that!
To begin with you have to create a custom avatar called a “Gami” When you choose your look, hairstyle, head size, and skin tone you have completed the image you would like to use to represent your character. Below I have include some screen shots to highlight how user friendly the app is.
Now I bet you are thinking this sounds very cool and you’re even about to pick up your phone and try it out. Great! But maybe you are also wondering how have other educators used this in their classroom?
These are ways to utilize this awesome app!
- Book talks – The avatar acts a character in a story.
- Introductions – Have students introduce themselves to the class at the beginning of the year
- Be the Teacher – Explanation videos of any topic
- Math Concepts and Vocabulary – Describes concepts in their own words
- Explain animals and their habitats – Background picture could be in the habitat while talking
- Show a scene and explain violation – Explain whether First Amendment Rights are being violated
- Tellagami Weather Report – So many ways to use this. In our class we study natural disasters, students can pretend they are in a storm and describe it.
- Share what they learned today in a wrap-up – Reflection activity
The possibilities are endless!